    SubjectRe: [1/2] 2.6.22-rc7: known regressions
    On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 09:28 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, David Woodhouse wrote:
    > >
    > > Oh, and here's another one for you. My Bluetooth mouse just stopped
    > > working and hidd is deadlocked...
    >
    > Looks like it is stuck on hidp_session_sem.
    >
    > Nothing after 2.6.21 seems to have even touched that semaphore usage, and
    > in fact there's not a whole lot of changes to the hidp code at all (and
    > none of them look even remotely interesting).
    >
    > So I suspect it's something lower down in the bluetooth stack, or it's a
    > long-standing problem that you are somehow able to trigger more easily
    > now. Is it consistent?

    It happened twice before I gave up on my 2.6.22-rc7 test kernel and went
    back to something earlier. I suppose I should double-check that it
    wasn't my slab changes, but I really don't think that's it.

    > Can you showo the traces for the _other_ processes that are in bluetooth
    > functions? Because there should be other processes there, holding that
    > hidp_session_sem rwsem.

    There was nothing, apart from a later 'hidd -l' which got stuck on the
    same semaphore. I have an hcidump of it happening, at
    http://david.woodhou.se/hidd-lockup-dump.txt -- it doesn't seem
    particularly enlightening though. There's just a disconnection and
    reconnect, as happens quite frequently with this mouse, and then we're
    deadlocked. I'll build with hidp debugging.

    --
    dwmw2