SubjectRe: Don't miss the ARM-scsi fix.
On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 02:00:58PM +0200, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> It's just the case of being consistent with the already broken style
> in a function vs. correct style and inconsistency. I can never decide.

That's always a hard one to call, and the answer is generally to
follow the existing style, even if it's broken. At a later date,
a patch which _just_ fixes the style can be submitted.

The point of _just_ fixing the style is that it's trivial to prove
that no other changes have happened - you build the file without
the change and save a copy of the object. Apply the change and
rebuild, and compare the resulting text/data. They should be the
same, if not there's a bug somewhere.

(There have been instances where reformatting the code has introduced
subtle unexpected changes, so it's always worth performing that check
just in case.)

  Last update: 2007-07-04 19:15    [W:0.046 / U:0.024 seconds]