SubjectRe: Reboot hang
From
> "Summary screen" will do, but yes, I understood. Perhaps your BIOS isn't
> fond of the state the Linux drivers leaves your DVD-ROM at. Judging by
> your "nv_pata", you are probebly usiing the pata (pata_amd) driver, not
> the old IDE driver?
>
> Does it boot through if you disable booting from the DVD-ROM?
>
> Rene.

Mentioning the dvd-rom state, it comes to my mind, when rebooting from
win, the dvd rom will close tray and / or LED will blink on reboot.
None of that happens if I reboot from linux, so it could be a driver
problem. I see that I have both (old and new enable in kernel), I don't
know which is being used,
but I'll recompile kernel with just one driver and retest.

--
kriko