SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.22-rc7

* Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com> wrote:

> > However, it might be worth avoiding the warning, even if it seems
> > bogus in this case. Christoph? Do you agree with the analysis? And
> > the patch might be as simple as changing
> > early_kmem_cache_node_alloc() to enable interrupts at the _end_ of
> > the function, rather than immediately after calling new_slab().
>
> new_slab() enables and disables interrupts during usual operations.
> During bootstrap interrupts are enabled and so new_slab() falsely
> disables interrupts when we do the alloc by hand thing in
> early_kmem_cache_node_alloc for NUMA. We need to enable interrupts
> there since otherwise boot will continue with interrupts disabled.

yeah. Your change looks good to me. You could add a
local_irq_enable_in_hardirq() to the original place, that will map to a
local_irq_enable() on non-lockdep kernels and will be a NOP on lockdep
kernels. (This is a bit hacky though.)

Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>

Ingo

  Last update: 2007-07-03 21:49    [W:0.075 / U:2.740 seconds]