SubjectRe: RFC: Remove the arm26 port
On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 01:10:12PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 01:50:40PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > Considering the state of the arm26 port, I do hereby suggest to remove
> > it from the Linx kernel since it's far from a usable state and doesn't
> > seem to come back into a usable state.
> >
> > If anyone wants to work on getting this port back into a usable state in
> > the forseeable future he should speak up now.
> Yes, please. This bitrotting code has been in the way for quite bit of
> cross-architecture work I've been doing.
> Btw, there's probably no point to Cc rmk as he's not involved with that
> stinkin' pile.

Definitely - I'd like to see it gone so hopefully I'll stop being copied
on every single janitorial change to it.

(And yes, I've re-enabled mail-followup-to since otherwise I can't
group-reply in mutt to everyone - without it I just get hch in the To:
header and an empty CC: with 'g'. Tough shit to those anti-mail-followup-to
people. It's the only thing that actually works.)

Russell King
Linux kernel 2.6 ARM Linux -
maintainer of: