    SubjectRFC: Remove the arm26 port
    Considering the state of the arm26 port, I do hereby suggest to remove
    it from the Linx kernel since it's far from a usable state and doesn't
    seem to come back into a usable state.

    If anyone wants to work on getting this port back into a usable state in
    the forseeable future he should speak up now.

    On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 10:12:08PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:

    > I'm wondering what the status of the arm26 port in the kernel is:
    > AFAIR gcc support for this architecture was deprecated in gcc 3.4 and
    > removed in gcc 4.0. This implies that either someone will have to re-add
    > support to gcc in the next 1-2 years or the kernel port will become
    > useless with the next increase of the minimum gcc requirement for the
    > kernel.
    > The other point is that I tried to cross-compile an arm26 defconfig.
    > I gave up after running into several compile errors, and it doesn't seem
    > as if any recent kernel could be compiled.
    > Is the arm26 kernel port already unused dead code or is some work for
    > getting it back into shape pending?
    > cu
    > Adrian

      Last update: 2007-07-29 13:53    [W:0.020 / U:3.148 seconds]