SubjectRe: Linus 2.6.23-rc1

On 30/07/07, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> I'd suggest people here take a look at the code. It's not what Ingo was
> saying, and it's not what the code is set up to do. He's just stating that
> the way he split up the files, it's actually easier from a patching
> standpoint to just create a new file to include instead of
> "kernel/sched_fair.c".

<snip long other discussion unrelated to my question>

Ingo's origiinal comment:

On 30/07/07, Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
> i'd encourage you to do it - in fact i already tried to prod Peter
> Williams into doing exactly that ;) The more reality checks a scheduler
> has, the better.

He said having reality checks is a good thing. He's encouraging some
poor bastard to maintain plugsched out of mainline to have SD or
whatever to compare to. I did not say I advocated anything whatsoever.
I was asking if this is what Ingo is suggesting people use their
energy doing. Not good enough for mainline, but definitely worth
keeping around and good enough for... no idea what. I was asking Ingo
that.

  Last update: 2007-07-30 01:41    [W:0.210 / U:0.112 seconds]