SubjectRe: commit 7e92b4fc34 - x86, serial: convert legacy COM ports to platform devices - broke my serial console
On 7/25/07, Yinghai Lu <yhlu.kernel@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/25/07, Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@hp.com> wrote:

> > > That would be nice, but I wish you good luck with all those
> > > crappy BIOSes out there.
> >
> > Yeah, it's an ugly world we live in. Would you be able to try the
> > attached patch just for testing? It should sort devices with the
> > same _HID by their _UID. It doesn't have any effect on my systems,
> > because my devices are already ordered by _UID by default. But I
> > think it should switch your COM1/COM2 ports back to the order you
> > expect.
> >
> > Yinghai, you mentioned the same issue on boxes with multiple root
> > bridges. Any chance you could try this out there as well?
> >
> it doesn't solve pci_root_bus reverse problem.
>
> is that too late for PNP0A03?
>
> I wonder if we need to modify acpi_device_register to sort them.

local hack for pci_root reverse problem would be

or in acpi_pci_register_driver, sort the acpi_pci_roots before using it.

YH

  Last update: 2007-07-26 03:39    [W:0.082 / U:0.640 seconds]