SubjectRe: [ck] Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23
On 7/25/07, Paul Jackson <pj@sgi.com> wrote:
> Question:
> Could those who have found this prefetch helps them alot say how
> many disks they have? In particular, is their swap on the same
> disk spindle as their root and user files?

I have found that swap prefetch helped on all of the four machines
machine I have, although the effect is more noticeable on machines
with slower disks. They all have one hard disk, and root and swap were
always on the same disk. I have no idea how to determine how many disk
spindles they have, but since the drives are mainly low-end consumer
models sold with low-end sub $500 PCs...

--
Michael Chang

Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments. Send me ODT,
RTF, or HTML instead.
Thank you.