    SubjectRe: [ck] Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23
    On 7/25/07, Paul Jackson <> wrote:
    > Question:
    > Could those who have found this prefetch helps them alot say how
    > many disks they have? In particular, is their swap on the same
    > disk spindle as their root and user files?

    I have found that swap prefetch helped on all of the four machines
    machine I have, although the effect is more noticeable on machines
    with slower disks. They all have one hard disk, and root and swap were
    always on the same disk. I have no idea how to determine how many disk
    spindles they have, but since the drives are mainly low-end consumer
    models sold with low-end sub $500 PCs...

    Michael Chang

    Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments. Send me ODT,
    RTF, or HTML instead.
    Thank you.

      Last update: 2007-07-26 00:31    [W:0.019 / U:5.184 seconds]