Subjecthighest and lowest priority job of a runqueue
Hi,

I have some questions concerning the current 2.6.22 scheduler
implementation. I was wondering how I may retrieve
(a) the priority/load of the highest and the lowest priority task of a
runqueue (in a multiprocessor system), and
(b) the corresponding pointer to this task?

I thought I might use (given a list with tmp pointers to all CPUs)
rq = cpu_rq(tmp->cpu);
task_load = rq->curr->load_weight;
but this always returns 128 regardless of the fact if a task currently
runs on that CPU or not. I guess it returns the load of the migration
thread, but I'm not sure. I would like to migrate specific tasks
throughout find_busiest_group().

Furthermore, is it correct, that the current migration strategy
(move_tasks()) chooses automatically the highest priority task?

Thanks for your help,
Martin

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans