    SubjectRe: v2.6.22.1-rt5
    On Tuesday 24 July 2007, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    >* Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> The above stanza still needs some tlc. I built a 2.6.22.1-rt6 (rt5
    >> wouldn't build) using the same old config that a make oldconfig didn't
    >> fuss about, but the reboot never completed, see the attached, heavily
    >> smunched camera shot of the panic.
    >>
    >> Kinda looks like hda/sda confusion, with rt3 (this boot), its hda*,
    >> what is it now? fstab or kernel config error?
    >
    >yeah, as long as your filesystems are created with a proper label, all
    >that you need to do is to change all 'hda' to 'sda' in the new kernel's
    >/etc/grub.conf entry. (or enable the old IDE code in the .config, under
    >CONFIG_IDE)
    >
    > Ingo

    Damn, I didn't say it clear enough, the / is on an LVM volume. /Boot is
    on /dev/hda1, aka (hd0,0) in the first line. Since the msg pointed at 0,0,
    I'll switch that line to "root (sd0,0)" just for grins.

    I take it that was an auto-conversion? I did nothing to confirm any changes
    when I ran a make oldconfig, using the 2.6.22.1-rt3 .config as the src
    config.

    Thanks.

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

      Last update: 2007-07-25 03:31    [W:0.023 / U:0.100 seconds]