SubjectRe: Git tree for old kernels from before the current tree
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> So I've been thinking about trying to re-create some really old history
> into git, but it's still a lot of work.. And obviously not very useful,
> just interesting from an archeological standpoint.

I started this once.

I have (sort of) a GIT tree with all Linux revisions that I could find
from v0.01 up to v1.0.9. But the most interesting information and also
what is the most time consuming is the retrieval of announcement
messages for those releases in old mailing list or newsgroup archives to
serve as commit log data. It seems to be even arder to find for post
v1.0 releases.

Nicolas

  Last update: 2007-07-23 19:51    [W:0.122 / U:1.468 seconds]