    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Re: Hibernation considerations
    > > > The reason is that we want them to "park" in safe places, ie. where there
    > > > are no locks held etc.  Thus, these safe places need to be chosen somehow
    > > > and since they are not marked throughout the code, we choose the obvious
    > > > one. :-)
    > >
    > > Why shouldn't locks be held?
    > >
    > > No locks which are required for suspend must be held, sure.  But
    > > otherwise holding locks doesn't matter at all.
    > If you can provide a way to tell them apart, this would work.

    Without some marking we can't tell obviously.

    Are there many such locks? We can easily check by adding some
    debugging code to the lock primitives, to make them yell if they are
    used during suspend.

      Last update: 2007-07-23 15:17    [W:0.020 / U:12.856 seconds]