    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Re: Hibernation considerations
    > > The only thing to do is what Rafael has been working on: unfreeze
    > > things, hope the tasks sort themselves out, and try again.
    > That's what I'm questioning. Is there a more reliable way and we've
    > just given up too quickly?

    There obviously _are_ more reliable ways. A trivial one seems to be
    to just not require user tasks to finish syscalls.

    Yeah, stopping user processes outside the kernel is convenient, but
    there's no fundamental reason why it is the only place where those
    tasks can be stopped.

    And there are very fundamental reasons to _not_ require this. Not
    just in the fuse case, but in any case where a syscall requires
    another user task to run before it can be finished (e.g. NFS over

      Last update: 2007-07-23 12:31    [W:0.025 / U:44.476 seconds]