SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Re: Hibernation considerations
Date
Am Freitag 20 Juli 2007 schrieb Alan Stern:
> Some drivers need the ability to schedule.  Some will need the ability
> to allocate memory (although GFP_ATOMIC is probably sufficient).  Some
> will need timers to run.

Some will have to request firmware. It can add up to some megabytes.
In addition, if we don't freeze, some drivers, eg. video drivers, can
do allocations in the megabyte range.

It seems to me that without the freezer we will end up with many drivers
needing a two step notification process. Furthermore there are requirements
on the order of shutting down system facilities, eg. device addition must
be stopped before drivers allocate firmware.

Regards
Oliver

  Last update: 2007-07-20 22:05    [W:0.194 / U:0.468 seconds]