    SubjectMMC/SD Root filesystem suspend/resume problems
    Hi Pierre,

    Lots of Linux handhelds use MMC/SD devices as the root file system. This
    has worked quite reliably for many kernel versions. In 2.6.22, it seems
    that if you suspend such a system then resume it, the device locks up.
    Trying to execute anything on the filesystem results in a "Permission
    Denied" message. I did see a message from the MMC subsystem saying it
    had redetected the card. There are also messages on the console like
    "MMC: killing requests for dead queue" each time you suspend/resume.

    I'm away from my serial cables at the moment but I may be able to
    provide more debug when I have them over the weekend. Have you any ideas
    on why this is breaking?

    For reference, I've reproduced the problem with both the PXA host driver
    and different driver not merged into mainline (ASIC3).

    Cheers,

    Richard

      Last update: 2007-07-19 17:59    [W:0.019 / U:60.736 seconds]