SubjectRe: which signal is sent to freeze process?
Date
Hi.

On Thursday 19 July 2007 09:42:02 Agarwal, Lomesh wrote:
> My understanding is that Linux kernel sends a signal to freeze processes
> during suspend2ram operation. Which signal is used to achieve this?
> The problem I am facing is that some of the system calls are failing
> with EINTR errno during suspend operation and I want to install a signal
> handler for freeze signal with SA_RESTART flag. That should make the
> kernel to retry the system calls. Right?

No signal is sent. We tell affected processes that they have a signal pending,
and capture them in the signal handling code while the suspend to ram is
occuring. After the suspend to ram is finished, we recalculate whether they
have a signal pending, and let them continue.

Not being a guru on signal handling itself, I won't try to answer the question
itself :\.

Regards,

Nigel

  Last update: 2007-07-19 04:21    [W:0.108 / U:0.640 seconds]