SubjectRe: VESAFB CUSTOM RESOLUTION
On 7/18/07, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Sasa Ostrouska wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't think vesafb can do what you want. However, uvesafb probably can.
> > >
> > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/uvesafb/
> > >
> > > Daniel
> >
> > Daniel you seem to be right, as till now, no one of those solutions
> > for me worked, I always end up or with a non recognised option or a
> > small square 640x480 pixels where I see the console. I need to try
> > still the vbetest thing what Mr. Daplas proposed.
> >
> > In any case this laptop has an screen of 16:10 aspect ratio and I
> > belive would be good
> > to have those modes in the vesafb driver.
>
> There are no modes in the vesafb driver. The vesafb driver uses the
> video mode that was set by the BIOS before starting Linux.
>
> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
> Geert

Geert, in that case what should i do to use the full screen, probably
usind another driver ?
This laptop has 2 graphic cards in it. One is a Intel 915 another is
the nVidia GeForce 7400. I manly use the nvidia one when i'm on AC
adapter.
So how can I do to set the console to 1280x800 ?

Rgds
Sasa

  Last update: 2007-07-18 11:53    [W:0.044 / U:11.832 seconds]