SubjectRe: Containers: css_put() dilemma
> That sounds correct. I wonder now if the solution should be some form
> of delegation for deletion of unreferenced containers (HINT: work queue
> or kernel threads).

At least for cpusets (the mother of all containers), notify on release
is part of the user visible API of cpusets. The kernel does not remove
cpusets; it runs a user program, /sbin/cpuset_release_agent. That
program might choose to rmdir the cpuset directory, and/or do other
actions, like notify a batch scheduler that one of its cpusets was
released.

That API is not as sacrosanct as some, but it is working, and I wouldn't
want to break it without good reason.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability