    SubjectRe: PROBLEM: kernel hang in ohci init
    David Brownell wrote:
    > On Thursday 12 July 2007, Satyam Sharma wrote:
    > Note that hangs in that file almost always mean "your BIOS is goofy".
    > Hunt for BIOS settings related to USB, and change them.
    This laptop's BIOS only offers "legacy support" enabled or disabled,
    both of which lead to frozen kernel. I will investigate whether the GIT
    tree freezes at the same point.

    >>> after this, kernel apparently goes into busy waiting (fans gradually
    >>> turn louder) and hangs indefinitely. I have also made sure that writel
    >>> (in linux/include/asm/io.h) really is entered, but never returns.
    > Does the current GIT tree do the same thing? A bunch
    > of USB patches were recently merged, including ISTR one in that
    > area ...
    It does the same thing, git5, that is. Sorry I took so long, but I didnt
    get to testing this earlier.

    It is just odd that up to (not including) the 2.6.21-series every kernel
    boots, and after that, they just freeze.

    I am kinda stumped here.

      Last update: 2007-07-15 12:43    [W:0.021 / U:9.608 seconds]