SubjectRe: Reading a physical memory location
See this in the documentation

The returned virtual address is a current CPU mapping for the memory
address given. It is only valid to use this function on addresses that
have a kernel mapping

This function does not handle bus mappings for DMA transfers. In
almost all conceivable cases a device driver should not be using this
function

Nobin

On 7/11/07, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/11/07, Nobin Mathew <nobin.mathew@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Which is your platform ?
> >
> > Which processor?
> >
> > If you want to use physical address directly, then disable MMU. That
> > is not possible in linux.
>
> ioremap does map io memory using phys_to_virt
> I thought phys_to_virt was enough to remap physical memory to virtual
> http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2005/cdrom-beta-1/linux-mandocs-2.6.12.6/phys_to_virt.html
>

> > Nobin

> > > Of course, if you look at almost any of the memory mapped device
> > > drivers, you will find that ioremap/readl/writel is the backbone of
> > > your infrastructure.
> > >

> > > Manu

  Last update: 2007-07-11 10:25    [W:0.046 / U:0.164 seconds]