    SubjectRe: x86 status was Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23

    On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 23:16 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
    > > What contribution do we have from you instead? A week before the .23
    > I told him my objections privately earlier. Basically i would
    > like to see an actually debuggable step-by-step change, not a rip everything
    > out.

    You promised privately to do a thorough review as well, which I'm still
    waiting for since months.

    > If that isn't possible it needs very careful review which just hasn't
    > happened yet. But I'm not convinced even step by step is not possible
    > here.

    There is no step by step thing. You convert an arch to clock events or
    you convert it not.

    > I thought it was clear that rip everything out is rarely a good idea
    > in Linux land? That's really not something I should need to harp on
    > repeatedly.

    If you have technical objections, put them on the table. Point by point.

    All I heard so far from you are platitudes, which are not worth the
    electrons to transport them.

      Last update: 2007-07-11 23:49    [W:0.027 / U:1.328 seconds]