    SubjectRe: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23
    On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Mel Gorman wrote:

    > I would like the patches to go through on the grounds that higher order
    > allocations can succeed. However, I am also happy to say that order-0
    > pages should be used as much as possible, that case should always be
    > made as fast as possible and the world must not end if a high-order
    > allocation fails.

    SLUB can easily be made to not use higher order pages.

    If the SLUB mobility patches are not merged then higher order page use
    can be explicitly enabled via passing the following to the kernel on boot

    slub_max_order=<desired max order>

    If they are merged then the higher order page use can be disabled in case
    of trouble via

    slub_max_order=0

      Last update: 2007-07-11 19:53    [W:0.029 / U:0.104 seconds]