    SubjectRe: ata and netdev (was Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23)
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:42:16 -0400
    > Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org> wrote:
    >
    >> (just to provide my indicator of status)
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    >>> libata-add-irq_flags-to-struct-pata_platform_info-fix.patch
    >> are other pata_platform people happy with this? I don't know embedded
    >> well enough to know if adding this struct member will break things.
    >
    > This is just a silly remove-unneeded-cast-of-void* cleanup. I wrote this
    > as a fixup against
    > libata-add-irq_flags-to-struct-pata_platform_info.patch with the intention
    > of folding it into that base patch, but you went and merged the submitter's
    > original patch so this trivial fixup got stranded in -mm. Feel free to give
    > it the piss-off-too-trivial treatment.

    I'm sorry, I didn't look closely enough. I was referring to the
    add-irq-flags patch itself, not your small fix.

    >>> ata-ahci-alpm-store-interrupt-value.patch
    >>> ata-ahci-alpm-expose-power-management-policy-option-to-users.patch
    >>> ata-ahci-alpm-enable-link-power-management-for-ata-drivers.patch
    >>> ata-ahci-alpm-enable-aggressive-link-power-management-for-ahci-controllers.patch
    >>>
    >>> These appear to need some work.
    >> seemed mostly OK to me. what comments did I miss?
    >
    > Oh, I thought these were the patches which affected scsi and which James
    > had issues with. I guess I got confused.

    hrm. ISTR James wanted some cleanups, Kristen did some cleanups, then
    looking at the cleanups decided they were needed / appropriate at this time.

    Anyway, these are in my mbox queue and the libata portions (of which the
    code is the majority) seem OK. Need to give them a final review.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2007-07-10 20:59    [W:0.026 / U:119.996 seconds]