    SubjectRe: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23 -- sys_fallocate
    On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 11:45:03AM -0400, Theodore Tso wrote:
    > On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 02:22:13AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:07:37 +0200 Heiko Carstens <> wrote:
    > > > We reserved a different syscall number than the one that is used right now
    > > > in the patch. Please drop this patch... Martin or I will wire up the syscall
    > > > as soon as the x86 variant is merged. Everything else just causes trouble and
    > > > confusion.
    > >
    > > OK, I dropped all the fallocate patches.
    > Andrew, I want to clarify who is going to push the fallocate patches.
    > I can either push them to Linus as part of the ext4 patch set, or we
    > can wait for you to push them. I thought since you had them in -mm
    > and we were going to wait you to push them (and presume that this was
    > going to happen soon).
    > Alternatively I can push them directly to Linus along with other ext4
    > patches. We can drop the s390 patch if Martin or Heiko wants to wire
    > it up themselves.
    > As far as I know there hasn't been any real contention on the actual
    > syscall patches, other than the numbering issues, so it seems that
    > pushing them to Linus sooner rather than later is the right thing to
    > do.

    Where is the latest and greatest version of those patches? Is it still the
    patch set distributed in 2.6.22-rc6-mm1? I'd mostly like to see the final
    set of flags we're planning on supporting. But yeah, I second the "sooner
    rather than later" :)

    Mark Fasheh
    Senior Software Developer, Oracle

      Last update: 2007-07-10 20:25    [W:0.022 / U:36.296 seconds]