Subject2.6.22 vs amanda, 2.6.22 1, amanda 0
Greetings;

Running 2.6.22 with no other patches last night, something went south in my
amanda backup run, and so far my forensics are coming up empty. The only
obvious thing is that an amdump.1 file was not generated, and when I awoke
this am, cupsd was stuck and using 70+% of the cpu, and there were several
amanda related procs apparently waiting on it. I restarted cups which will
normally unjam the jobs and complete any pending, but none were pending even
before I restarted cups. After the cups restart, the amanda related stuff
went away and the cpu cooled down by 15 degrees.

The expected files were written to the tape however.

I will now reboot to 2.6.22-ck1 as the scheduler performance with a plain .22
is back to normal, with kmail being hung for 30 seconds at a time. This is
not acceptable performance for a desktop even with full pre-emption checked
in the build config.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

  Last update: 2007-07-10 14:51    [W:0.202 / U:0.028 seconds]