    Al Viro wrote:
    > So which code is supposed to do that open/write in your example? Library?
    > Unmodified application? Application specifically modified to make *that*
    > open() randomized?

    Why should that matter? All of the above. Any piece of code can of
    course choose to not be safe but it should have the opportunity to be,
    too. Currently that's not the case. With an O_NONSEQFD flag to open it
    would be trivial to change any code. Or one can introduce a new set of
    userlevel interfaces to create and write new files which then can do
    even more.

    In whatever way you look at it, there currently is a problem which
    cannot be solved except with truly horrible, horrible hack (open N
    descriptors and randomly select one to use; yep, horrible, I said so).

    - --
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2007-06-09 18:31    [W:0.021 / U:5.960 seconds]