    SubjectRe: [patch 00/54] 2.6.21-stable review
    On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:21:27AM -0700, Chris Wright wrote:
    > This is the start of the stable review cycle for the release.
    > There are 54 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
    > to this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
    > let us know. If anyone is a maintainer of the proper subsystem, and
    > wants to add a Signed-off-by: line to the patch, please respond with it.
    > These patches are sent out with a number of different people on the
    > Cc: line. If you wish to be a reviewer, please email
    > to add your name to the list. If you want to be off the reviewer list,
    > also email us.

    I'm wondering if it makes sense to do more regular releases of -stable
    so that the patchqueue doesn't build up so much. It's painful
    to sit down and review lots of patches in one sitting.
    Additionally, with lots of change, it's a real pain to figure out
    "which one of the 50 patches that went into the last -stable
    makes my machine not boot" (which I had to do recently).

    Or maybe cc: the reviewer list when patches get added?

    Or maybe both?

      Last update: 2007-06-08 19:31    [W:0.019 / U:9.744 seconds]