SubjectRe: serio interface
On Wed, 2007-06-06 11:34:49 +0200, Lars K.W. Gohlke <lkwg82@gmx.de> wrote:
> Jan-Benedict Glaw schrieb:
> > On Wed, 2007-06-06 11:11:23 +0200, Lars K.W. Gohlke <lkwg82@gmx.de> wrote:
> > > wouldsomebody explain me the serio interface or give me a code link for
> > > very simple example.
> >
> > What do you want to do with it? Do you want on the serial port side,
> > or on the mouse/keyboard/gadget side? See for example the various
> > serial keyboards and mice drivers.
>
> I want on the kernelside process data from first uart-hardware interface
> aka ttyS0.
>
> I don't understand the structure of e.g. input/mouse/sermouse.c
>
> where is said, which hardware is used for reading data from?

I'm not entirely sure, but I guess that most of the time, you assign a
serial port with the help of `inputattach' to a given device driver,
which expects to find its hardware on that port.

OTOH, why do you want to do the serial stuff in kernel land? Isn't it
a *lot* easier to do it in userspace? What's your specific device you
want to work on?

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de +49-172-7608481
Signature of: Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf

  Last update: 2007-06-06 11:55    [W:1.254 / U:0.284 seconds]