    SubjectRe: 2.6.22-rc1-mm1
    Andy Whitcroft wrote:

    >> It definitely sounds like a memory clobber of some sort.
    >>
    >> Usual suspects, in addition to the input/output buffers you already
    >> looked at, would be the heap and the stack. Finding where the stack
    >> pointer lives would be my first, instinctive guess.
    >
    > The stack seems to be where it should be and seems to stay pretty much
    > in the same place as it should. Adding checks for the heap also seem to
    > stay within bounds. I've tried making the stack and the heap 64k to no
    > effect.
    >
    > Moving the kernel to other places in memory seems to kill the decode
    > completely during gunzip() which may be a hint I am not sure.
    >
    > This thing is trying to ruin my mind.

    Yours and mine both. Seems like *something* is clobbering memory, but
    what and why is a mystery. The fact that putting the kernel in a higher
    point in memory is a good indication that this clobber is at a
    relatively high address.

    How much RAM does this machine have?

    -hpa

      Last update: 2007-06-06 01:01    [W:0.022 / U:0.152 seconds]