    SubjectRe: BUG in 2.6.22-rc2-mm1: Parts of Alsa sound architecture broken
    At Tue, 5 Jun 2007 15:25:07 +0200 (MEST),
    Jan Engelhardt wrote:

    > >> But it's not cool to add an extra config item just for that, too.
    > >> And, the structure of menuconfig-if-endif is uglier than menu-endmenu.
    > >> That's why I feel a bit uneasy, although all these are a matter of
    > >> taste...
    > >
    > >Forgot to mention about another annoying drawback. Because of the new
    > >CONFIG_SND_*_DRIVERS, you'll have to re-select all belonging
    > >CONFIG_SND_*, even via config oldconfig. Putting the dependency on
    > >the top seems to reset the values defined in the old .config.
    > Well, *I* (previously) submitted patches with "default y", but Jens
    > Axboe [] disagreed heavily enough to
    > stop that practice.

    Hm, I guess Jens didn't know about this side-effect.

    When I don't set "default y", I'll be asked for each belonging item
    even though I chose "y" manually for the top config

    Strangely, setting "default y" has no this effect...

      Last update: 2007-06-05 16:21    [W:0.029 / U:0.808 seconds]