SubjectRe: [AppArmor 38/45] AppArmor: Module and LSM hooks
Hi!

> > > You very well know that the vfs has a limit of PATH_MAX characters (4096)
> > > for pathnames. This means that at most that many characters can be passed
> > > at once.
>
> What users can do is something like this:
>
> chdir("some/long/path");
> chdir("some/even/longer/path");
>
> and the total length of the path can then exceed PATH_MAX characters. We can
> only accept pathnames up to some upper limit, and we need to somehow define
> what that limit is supposed to be. We could use PATH_MAX or some other
> arbitrary number. In most situations PATH_MAX will be fine, but that's not
> always guaranteed to be the case. So what's wrong about making this
> configurable for special situations that we might run into? Module parameters
> are *really* dead cheap.

Parameters are cheap, but this one is ugly.

How will kernel work with very long paths? I'd suspect some problems,
if path is 1MB long and I attempt to print it in /proc
somewhere. Perhaps vfs should be modified not to allow such crazy
paths? But placing limit in aa is ugly.
Pavel