SubjectRe: Fwd: Mounting MMC card
Date
Am Freitag 29 Juni 2007 09:40 schrieb Midhun Agnihotram:

> >* Is support for the file system on the MMC in your kernel?
>
> Yes. There is support for MMC card in my kernel.

I was talking about the file system on the card. Usually, you've
got vfat on such a card. How about that?

BTW, You mounted proc on /proc and sysfs on /sys, I hope?

> I have checked the log and it is attached to the end of the mail.
> The log contains debug messages for removing and inserting the MMC
> card. But nothing specific relating to mount. Can you interpret
> anything more from it?

No. You don't have jffs2 on your MMC, do you?

> >Have you checked that your device nodes are correct? Since you use busybox I
> >assume the system is too lightweight to run udev.
>
> Yes. I have checked the device nodes. They are fine for MMC. (I
> have made them form what I got on the internet. BTW can anybody tell
> me how can I find the corresponding major and minor number for my
> device driver? This MMC driver is from Microcross. I have put the
> device nodes as 254,0 - which are generic.).

Here's what I have (nodes created by udev):

# ls -l /dev/mmc*
brw-rw---- 1 root root 254, 0 Jun 29 08:41 /dev/mmcblk0
brw-rw---- 1 root root 254, 1 Jun 29 08:41 /dev/mmcblk0p1

> >I run udev on an arm system, it costs you about 200kBytes,
> >and saves you all the trouble with creating device files.
> >Note that you don't need any rules files. If you want to write
> >rules, you can even implement a poor-man's hotplug without HAL.
> >If you can afford 200k, use udev.
>
> I have seen the udev page. But I am a bit skeptic about
> implementing it with my kernelas this kernel is from Microcross -
> customized for CSB535FS board.

As long as it's a reasonable recent kernel (>=2.6.15), it shouldn't
be a problem.

> I want to try udev only as my last
> option.

Your choice.

Hans

  Last update: 2007-06-29 10:41    [W:0.049 / U:0.052 seconds]