SubjectAssistance debugging a Micrel network driver
Hello,
I hope this is the right place to request some assistance, my apologizes
if its not.

I'm currently developing a network driver for a new controller chip. The
driver is mostly complete and appears to be working,
with the exception that messages received and sent up the stack appear
to get dropped by a higher layer. Specifically we
are seeing ARP "who is" requests go out, and the response come back
(only 2 nodes on this network), the skb is configured
and the frame is sent up with netif_rx (we haven't started supporting
NAPI yet). The response seems to get dropped somewhere
as another ARP "who is" request is sent. I am using the 2.6.21.5 kernel
(compilied with network debugging turned on) and we
have also tested with the 2.6.17 kernel, all acted the same.

The upper layers obviously work so I'm sure it's something in my driver.

I have turned on as much debugging in the kernel as I could find, but I
get no messages. Could someone please let me know if
there is additional debugging I should consider or if there is a dynamic
way to turn on debugging in L2 and/or L3.

Additionally, if anyone has any idea what might be happening, I would
greatly appreciate any information.

Thank You

Greg

--

Greg Huber
Principal Engineer

  Last update: 2007-06-29 17:57    [W:0.184 / U:0.180 seconds]