SubjectRe: [patch 1/3] MAP_NOZERO - implement a new VM_NOZERO/MAP_NOZERO page retirement policy
Andy Isaacson wrote:

> That said, I think I like the idea of MAP_NOZERO. Could it be
> generalized to some kind of "free pool" rather than keyed off of uid?

Good idea. At exec() time the new mm can inherit the "free pool"
pointer that the parent process points to, when nothing changes.

Certain events can cause a process to need another "free pool",
for example changing the UID, changing security context or
changing CPU/NUMA node binding.

--
Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is. Each group