    SubjectRe: Linux Kernel include files
    On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 17:17 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
    > David Woodhouse <> wrote:
    > > On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 01:38 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
    > A kernel include file that defines an interface to a user space program
    > should be self containing (that means that all includes for all non-standard
    > types should be done inside these include files). Whether or not C-99
    > types are used or not is less important than to use type definitions written
    > in clean C so compilers other than gcc may use them.

    Yes. In general we try to achieve this. Most header files should include
    <asm/types.h>, which tends to define the types we use in terms which
    should work in any compiler.

    > > Can you be more specific about why this is a problem? Don't
    > > we mostly define those crappy types using arch-specific knowledge, as
    > > 'int', 'long', etc?
    > I recommend you to install Sun Studio and to try to compile star or cdrtools
    > using Sun Studio by calling "make CCOM_suncc".
    > You may need to hand edit the file incs/<arch-dir>/{xconfig.h!rules.conf}
    > in order to enable the auto-disabled features.
    > In any case, self reading the error messages from Sun Studio helps more than
    > trying to discuss it.

    I have no interest in doing this for myself, and I suspect that if I
    tried it I'd find that Sun Studio doesn't exist for Linux/PowerPC
    anyway. Please just show the error messages.

      Last update: 2007-06-25 17:33    [W:0.020 / U:185.276 seconds]