SubjectRe: How innovative is Linux?
Date
On Saturday 23 June 2007 20:54, you wrote:
> Grozdan Nikolov wrote:
> > On Saturday 23 June 2007 19:53, you wrote:
> >> On Sat, 2007-06-23 at 14:17 +0200, Grozdan Nikolov wrote:
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Perhaps you should change that and find most answers for yourself.

> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> Bernd
> >
> > Perhaps you should change your rude attitude towards people who are
> > seeking for answers without actually looking for rants or flame-wars. If
> > you have read my replies to Alan, you should know why I asked these
> > questions.... To clarify something that might be incorrect or biased in
> > the articles I've read so far... if you could tell me a better place to
> > ask about Linux internal stuff, please tell me so......
>
> well, i would say this - put yourself into the shoes of a kernel
> developer who barely has time to keep track of the large volume of
> development work, discussions, testing, etc. Then someone who claims to
> be not a kernel developer, who isn't subscribed to the list comes along
> and says 'there is _no_ innovation in the linux kernel'. What would your
> reaction be?

My reaction will be to clarify it to this person that this is not true (and
thanks to the some of you who already did), even if I'm under pressure from
development work/testing/patching... But this is just the type of person I
am. Everyone is different so I expected some "rude" reactions. But there are
people who are willing to clarify things (Alan Cox, Jeffrey Merkey, Diego
Calleja on the clarification of dtrace being used on OS/2, etc). Many thanks
to those... If some of you get annoyed (which is perfectly possible), then
just don't bother getting involved in this thread :)

> I'm not a kernel developer myself, but i think there are lots of
> resources on the internet where you can read watered down versions of
> discussions happening on this list.

If there are I'm unaware of those, thanks for the hint though

> > willing to answer or clarify some things to a person who's just looking
> > for the *correct* answers
>
> Of course, everyone wants to learn from the gurus. But confronting them
> in this way hardly seems the right way ;)
>
> -jb

  Last update: 2007-06-23 21:09    [W:0.081 / U:0.308 seconds]