SubjectRe: Oops in a driver while using SLUB as a SLAB allocator
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Hugh Dickins wrote:

> But PA-RISC also has a function called flush_dcache_page, which uses
> page_mapping and expects a struct address_space * from it. If that
> can ever be get applied to a SLOB page (which is not so clear as in
> the ARM case, but cannot easily be ruled out completely), we're
> in trouble without a PageSlab test within page_mapping.

A page comes from the page allocator. Access to a slab allocators "page"
is an access to subsystem internals. Those internals vary
(including the representation of objects in the "page") and depend on the
slab allocator selected, the debug options in effect and parameters
with which the slab was created etc etc.

If flush_dcache_page is applied to a slab object then we need to do a
similar change to PA-RISC as for ARM.

  Last update: 2007-06-22 07:35    [W:0.222 / U:0.456 seconds]