SubjectRe: [AppArmor 39/45] AppArmor: Profile loading and manipulation, pathname matching
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, James Morris wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Chris Mason wrote:
>
>> But, this is a completely different discussion than if AA is
>> solving problems in the wild for its intended audience, or if the code
>> is somehow flawed and breaking other parts of the kernel.
>
> Is its intended audience aware of its limitiations? Lars has just
> acknowledged that it does not implement mandatory access control, for one.
>
> Until people understand these issues, they certainly need to be addressed
> in the context of upstream merge.

there are always going to be people who misunderstand things. by this
logic nothing can ever be merged that can be misused.

at least some of the intended audience (including me) do understand the
limits and still consider the result useful.

David Lang

  Last update: 2007-06-22 20:15    [W:0.267 / U:0.036 seconds]