SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Linux Kernel Tester’s Guide v0.3-rc1
Michal Piotrowski wrote:
> Hi Balbir,
> On 21/06/07, Balbir Singh <> wrote:
>> Wonderful! Are there any plans to start using the fault injection
>> framework
>> to catch more defects?
> There are plans for the second part called "debugging techniques", but
> I really don't know when I'll start writing this.
> In fact I don't even know if it will be useful for testers. IMHO it is
> for developers not for testers.
> Regards,
> Michal

I thought so too, but being able to randomly fail allocations on a system
might expose the system error handling and recovery capabilities.

It'll also be interesting to see if testing is catching bugs, that tools
(such as sparse) could have caught.

Warm Regards,
Balbir Singh
Linux Technology Center