    SubjectRe: Writing a driver for a legacy serial device
    Hi David,

    On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:47:12 +0800, David Woodhouse wrote:
    > On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 11:33 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
    > > OK. This leads me to a question: is it OK for me to add support for my
    > > non-input device to inputattach, or is a separate, dedicated helper
    > > tool preferred? Both ways are fine with me, I don't know what the
    > > input subsystem maintainers expect.
    > You might do better to implement it as a line discipline instead.
    > Or just do it in userspace. What exactly are you trying to do?

    I am writing a driver for a TAOS evaluation module. This device is a
    limited SMBus master, connecting to the serial port. The evaluation
    chip is connected to the SMBus. In my case this is a TSL2550 light
    sensor, but virtually all compatible TAOS evaluation modules could be

    I2C bus drivers have to be implemented in the kernel, so user-space
    isn't an option for me.

    I just posted a first (working) version of my driver, if you want to
    take a look:

    Jean Delvare

      Last update: 2007-06-21 20:41    [W:0.019 / U:3.960 seconds]