    > Sure, but was it Linux in embedded devices that made Linux what it is today,
    > or was it GNU/Linux?

    No, it was the fact that Linux has always been able to run on garbage.

    My introduction to Linux was in 1995 when I was given a network
    of computers made out of back-laboratory garbage and US$0
    software budget and told to make it work. None of the BSDs
    could cut it, but Linux could.

    User space Unix tool rewrites all of which I could have gotten from
    *BSD had absolutely nothing to do with it. I doubt that I am
    typical.

    -sb

      Last update: 2007-06-20 10:19    [W:0.024 / U:175.816 seconds]