SubjectRe: JIT emulator needs
William Lee Irwin III wrote:

> I presumed an ELF note or extended filesystem attributes were already
> in place for this sort of affair. It may be that the model implemented
> is so restrictive that users are forbidden to create new executables,
> in which case using a different model is certainly in order. Otherwise
> the ELF note or attributes need to be implemented.

Another thing to keep in mind, since we're talking about security
policies in the first place, is that anything like this *MUST* be
"opt-in" on the part of the security policy, because what we're talking
about is circumventing an explicit security policy just based on a
user-provided binary saying, in effect, "don't worry, I know what I'm
doing."

Changing the meaning of an established explicit security policy is not
acceptable.

-hpa

  Last update: 2007-06-20 18:41    [W:0.111 / U:0.448 seconds]