SubjectRe: And now for something _totally_ different: Linux v2.6.22-rc5

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Mariusz Kozlowski wrote:
> MAINTAINERS says riscom8 is orphaned so not sure
> if anybody cares. Spotted this when playing with modprobe
> walking /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel in a loop ;)

Oh wow.

I wonder why it does that. The code literally does:

and I don't see the point.

(And that's what then causes the warning: tty_unregister_driver will
eventually get a mutex, but the caller had disabled hardware interrupts..

I see absolutely *zero* reason for that whole save_flags/cli/restore_flags
dance at all, so I think the right thing to do is to just remove it.

I'm Cc'ing Alan, in case he cares.

Mariusz, if you actually *use* the dang thing, and really care, you can
send me a tested patch. I can pretty much guarantee that removing those
irq games won't make things any worse, but no way am I going to just
remove it on my own without any users or any testing.