SubjectRe: [BUG] ide dma_timer_expiry, then hard lockup
> >    Indeed... but the thing is we don't know what's asserted in this case
> > -- remember, it's reading the status register that locks everything up...
>
> Exactly. And IORDY shouldn't really apply there,
> unless some nitwit standards person wrote it into a spec..

Could it be we need to reset the state machine at this point before we
touch the registers again - that wouldn't be the first controller with
this limit and undocumented.

On the 370 we already

Linas; For the debug on the libata one turn on ATA_DEBUG and
ATA_VERBOSE_DEBUG in include/linux/libata.h and it should spew
diagnostics before the freeze. I suspect thats a different problem to the
hang you see now but I'd like to debug both.

Alan

  Last update: 2007-06-19 18:21    [W:0.063 / U:0.112 seconds]