SubjectRe: [patch 5/6] ps3: ROM Storage Driver

Looks pretty nice.

Some more comments:

- no need for the BLK_DEV_SR dependency, it should depend on SCSI
instead (which might be implied by beeing in the scsi menu, don't
remember that detail)
- ps3rom_priv should probably be an inline
- the cmd field in struct ps3rom_private should probably be renamed
to curr_cmd or something along the line to make sure this is the
current command we deal with and the driver can only deal with one
command at a time.
- The comment in ps3rom_queuecommand should explain why we prefer
lv1_storage_{read,write} over just sending down the scsi cdb,
not just that we prefer it.
- I don't think you need to decode the 6 byte commands at all,
ATAPI only has the 10 byte variants and you can tell the scsi
layer not to ever send the 6 byte ones by setting the use_10_for_rw
flag in ->slave_configure
- same comment about the free_irq/request_irq pair as in the disk
driver.
- please use the new shost_priv helper in scsi-misc for accessing
the hostdata file in struct Scsi_Host so that the ugly casts
can go away.

  Last update: 2007-06-19 07:55    [W:0.103 / U:0.056 seconds]