    SubjectRe: [linux-lvm] 2.6.22-rc5 XFS fails after hibernate/resume
    Date
    On Tuesday, 19 June 2007 11:24, David Greaves wrote:
    > David Greaves wrote:
    > > I'm going to have to do some more testing...
    > done
    >

    > > David Chinner wrote:

    > >> Verrry interesting.
    > > Good :)
    > Now, not so good :)
    >

    > >> What you were seeing was an XFS shutdown occurring because the free space
    > >> btree was corrupted. IOWs, the process of suspend/resume has resulted
    > >> in either bad data being written to disk, the correct data not being
    > >> written to disk or the cached block being corrupted in memory.
    > > That's the kind of thing I was suspecting, yes.
    > >
    > >> If you run xfs_check on the filesystem after it has shut down after a
    > >> resume,
    > >> can you tell us if it reports on-disk corruption? Note: do not run
    > >> xfs_repair
    > >> to check this - it does not check the free space btrees; instead it
    > >> simply
    > >> rebuilds them from scratch. If xfs_check reports an error, then run
    > >> xfs_repair
    > >> to fix it up.
    > > OK, I can try this tonight...
    >

    > This is on 2.6.22-rc5

    Is the Tejun's patch

    http://www.sisk.pl/kernel/hibernation_and_suspend/2.6.22-rc5/patches/30-block-always-requeue-nonfs-requests-at-the-front.patch

    applied on top of that?

    Rafael

    --
    "Premature optimization is the root of all evil." - Donald Knuth