    SubjectRe: 2.6.22-rc5 regression
    On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 11:49:05PM +0200, Carlo Wood wrote:
    > Kernels that work do NOT print "agpgart: Detected an Intel
    > 965G Chipset." (All I know is that I have an ASUS P5B motherboard
    > with a iP965, whether it's this 'G' or not I don't know).
    The obvious question of course is whether actually reverting this
    changeset fixes your problem? I would be very surprised if it did.

    If it does make a difference, please provide the values for

    I would wager that you only have CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y, in which case, the
    only difference over previous kernels will be that zone_batchlist() is no
    longer flagged as __init, and so it won't be freed -- this was the reason
    for the "special section" comment in the changeset, as currently it's
    left hanging around for folks that aren't doing cpu/memory hotplug, since
    __devinit was the closest that both cpu and memory hotplug had in common.

    I can't imagine that this would impact you at all, though.

      Last update: 2007-06-18 01:23    [W:0.022 / U:22.168 seconds]