    Alexandre Oliva wrote:
    > On Jun 15, 2007, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> What this means for the FSF goals if Tivo get up one morning and switch
    >> their system firmware to ROM however is interesting 8)
    >
    > I'm not the FSF, and I don't speak for it, but it seems to me that
    > this would be "mission accomplished".

    This is insane. You start with a lofty ideal involving "freedom", and
    when you end up with a meaningless technicality (and in technical terms
    a change for the worse) you consider it a victory?

    Yes, I know that this is what happens in politics (look here, our laws
    had an effect!), but I have more respect for you than to think you fall
    for these kinds of games. I do not wish to revise my opinion.

    Bernd

      Last update: 2007-06-16 13:37    [W:0.023 / U:58.756 seconds]