Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2007, Alan Cox <> wrote:
>> What this means for the FSF goals if Tivo get up one morning and switch
>> their system firmware to ROM however is interesting 8)
> I'm not the FSF, and I don't speak for it, but it seems to me that
> this would be "mission accomplished".

This is insane. You start with a lofty ideal involving "freedom", and
when you end up with a meaningless technicality (and in technical terms
a change for the worse) you consider it a victory?

Yes, I know that this is what happens in politics (look here, our laws
had an effect!), but I have more respect for you than to think you fall
for these kinds of games. I do not wish to revise my opinion.