    Linus Torvalds wrote:

    >On Sun, 17 Jun 2007, Bron Gondwana wrote:
    >

    >>No, I'm arguing that it's not "mere aggregation" - the kernel is useless
    >>on that machine unless the BIOS is present or replaced with something
    >>else with equivalent functionality.
    >>

    >That's *not* a valid argument!

    Linus,

    Just take a vote and start tagging files and ignore this needless
    diatribe. It is was it is, I seriously doubt you will
    get all of Linux moved to GPL3 as a monolith, since you will never get
    concensus. You should fork a GPL3 kernel and let people decide
    whether their code goes in or not. If they don't want to move to it, new
    people can contribute new code. Start a 2.8 tree or whatever that is
    GPL3 only.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2007-06-17 03:09    [W:0.023 / U:0.344 seconds]